Teacher in Charge: S. Verran-Tye
This programme has the option to be one or two year programme (Y12 and/or Y13). Each student must complete 20 credits to be part of the programme. NOTE credits have to match with the student’s career path.
In the work readiness class students MUST complete:
· Targeted CV – linked to the student’s Gateway placement
· Formal Interview - linked to the student’s Gateway placement
· Where possible assessments specifically linked to their Gateway placement
In the student’s first year of the Gateway work experience placement students MUST complete
· Health and Safety Course (15 credits over 2 days)
· First Aid course (4-6 credits over 1 full day)
PLUS a pick and mix style including options such as:
· Leadership (10 credits over 2 days)
· Security (10 credits over 2 days)
· Low scaffolding (14 over 2 days)
· Chainsaw (8 over 2 days)
· Fire Safety (5 credits over 1 day)
· Confined spaces (4 credits over 1 day)
· Knowledge of electrical safety in the workplace (7 credits over 1 day)
Prerequisite: A meeting with the student’s family and Sarah Verran Tye before they can opt into the work readiness class.
Please indicate in NOTES which Gateway Placement you are interested in and how it relates to your Career Plan.