Senior Course Selection Process for 2019
Complete your Course Selection in consultation with their Dean
|Year 11 Students in 2019 take six subjects in total.|
You must take compulsory English at level 1
You must take compulsory Maths at level 1
You must take one compulsory Science course at level 1
Choose three additional subjects
|Year 12 Students in 2019 take six subjects in total.|
|Year 13 Students in 2019 take six subjects in total.|
Getting Started with Online Course Selection
These pages will provide you with information to help you select your course of study for 2019, and should be used in conjunction with the information available through your Academic Counsellor.
To choose your courses you must:
Talk to your subject teachers, Careers Staff, Heads of Departments, Form Teacher and your Dean about which subject and level is best suited for you.
Keep your options open if you are unsure which careers you wish to pursue in the future.
- Do I have the ability to study this subject?
- Do I need pre-requisites to study this subject?
- Do I enjoy this subject?
- Is this subject going to be useful to me?
All subjects will:
- provide you with new skills and knowledge.
- increase your qualifications.
- give you the opportunity to use the skills you already have.
Achievement and Unit Standards both count towards NCEA (National Certificates).